Our Recycled RobotsBy The Cardinal House
Thanks to Maria our Sprouts group went on a field trip to our recycling plant Sonoco Recycling and it was enlightening!
What my son took home: "I want to make a Tin Man!" (There was one at the Recycling Education Room.)
What I took home: "I've been doing almost EVERYTHING WRONG!"
Did you know where we live....
- Numbers on the bottom of plastics don't mean a thing? They recycle plastics as long as they have screw tops and resemble water bottles or milk jugs. No to salad containers. No to yogurt containers. No to any other shapes.
- They don't recycle office or school paper? Only newspapers and cardboard boxes without wax.
- They don't recycle any type of glass?
- They don't recycle any plastic bags?
- We shouldn't separate stuff by material in plastic bags because they just get thrown away and go back into the landfill?
- What can and cannot be recycled changes all the time -- we need to be kept up to date -- or else we are all just wasting time and money!?